I wanted to get this information out as a follow up to my recent blog post, Managing Your Finances In Times Of Crisis, where I provided some key steps to weathering crisis like divorce or our current viral disruption. It is a short read that I am recommending for anyone feeling overwhelmed or wondering what to do. In it, I recommend six steps and considerations for financial management during a crisis, but I wanted to further inform you by providing some key links to the pertinent organizations, agencies or creditors. I recommend bookmarking this post for easy future reference.
Six Steps to Managing Your Finances In Times Of Crisis
- Food, shelter and safety come first.
- Before you pay (or don’t pay) anything, look at your options.
- Communication is vitally important.
- Budget and declutter to free up cash flow.
- Triage your debt payment.
- Realize that some things will be out of your control.
Below is a list of some of the key links and resources for managing your financial situation during COVID-19.
- For IRS information
- For mortgage information of forbearance
- First and foremost contact your servicer. The number should be on your statement or at the list at this link.
- Fannie Mae Loans
- Freddie Mac Loans
- Credit Bureaus
- Financial Institution Contact Information