Here are the details.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
SplitReady, LLC will not share or sell any personally identifiable information. This means that your name, address, email, telephone number, financial data, family data, will never be shared with anyone outside of SplitReady, LLC. Further, access to any PII within SplitReady, LLC is strictly limited to only those employees or professional partners who need the information to provide you with the services you may request.
Exceptions that only exist to allow us to provide the features and services that you are paying for:
- Our back-end payment processing is managed by a third-party application (that meets the most stringent security protocols) so the payment data, which is never stored on our servers, is provided to them for payment processing.
- If we are required by a legal authority/subpoena to turn over personal information and are presented with verifiable legal documents requiring us to do so, then we will comply with those requirements.
- YOU, the spouse/client have the option to share YOUR information with anyone who you invite to view your case, such as a lawyer or other divorce professional.
- Non-Personally Identifiable information
Aggregated user information such as browsers, devices, general platform usage and activity, etc., will be used to assist SplitReady, LLC with trends and to inform us as to how to improve our features and technology choices.
Now for the legal language we are required to provide.
This is the more detailed explanation of the policy.
SplitReady, LLC (collectively “SplitReady, we, our, us”) wants you to understand how we are using your information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use and share that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
This Policy discloses the current privacy practices for SplitReady. Your access to, and use of, our website (“site”) are subject to this Policy. By accessing and using this site, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to our Policy, please do not use our site.
We have tried to keep this Policy as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to SplitReady so please do take the time to get to know our practices. If you have any questions, consult this Policy.
- Information we collect
We collect information in order to provide better Services to all of our Users under our Terms of Service (“TOS”) which is attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference. We own the information we collect and we collect it in two ways:
- Information you give us. When you contact us to register and/or set up and update an account, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, and certain other personal information.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, like when you directly contact us via phone or email or view and interact with our website and content or our affiliates, and other Users. This information includes:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). SplitReady may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your SplitReady Account.
- Log information. When you use our Services or view content provided by SplitReady, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
– Details of how you used our service.
– Telephone log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your SplitReady Account.
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled SplitReady Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device.
- Unique order numbers. Our Services include a unique registration number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to SplitReady when you register and or use our Service.
- Local storage – We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers – We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit us, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
- How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from you to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new ones, and to protect SplitReady, our affiliates, our partners, and our Users. We may also use this information to offer you tailored content.
We will use the name and related information you provide when you initially sign on to our website and register to create a splitready.com profile. When you contact SplitReady, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming news, changes or improvements, however, you may opt-out of all communication.
We may use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your User experience and the overall quality of our Services. We will not combine cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
SplitReady, LLC processes personal information on our servers located in the U.S.
- Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your SplitReady account
- View, edit or delete your account information with SplitReady or express any concern you may have about our use of your data. You can also opt out of the sharing of your information. You can perform any of these activities by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our Services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our servers in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our servers, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
- Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SplitReady or our affiliates or other Users, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: We will share personal information with courts, organizations or individuals outside of SplitReady when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent from you for the sharing of any personal information.
- For legal reasons: We will share personal information with courts, organizations or individuals outside of SplitReady if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: 1. meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request, 2. enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations 3. detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or 4. protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SplitReady, our Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We own and may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our affiliates, partners and Users. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
- Information security
We work hard to protect SplitReady and our Users from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction, of any information we maintain. In particular:
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to SplitReady employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated by SplitReady if they fail to meet these obligations.
SplitReady does not guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. You send us information at your own risk. SplitReady shall not be responsible for any harm that may result as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to any use of this site or any information transmitted to this site.
- Preventing Identity Theft
In order to help us protect your personal information, it is important that you always keep your profile information safe.
SplitReady will NEVER initiate a request via email for your personal information. If you receive an email asking for your personal information, you should be suspicious of the request and promptly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the suspicious activity.
Additional information regarding identity theft and the steps you can take to help protect yourself from fraud can be found on the Federal Trade Commission website.
- Children’s Privacy
SplitReady sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate our sites in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. However, we will accept, store and use data on minors as part of the registration and account input information that is required in order to provide our Services. You consent to the use of your minor children’s information when you input the information into our system. However, we may request the parent’s consent in any way the law allows. For example, if the child’s personal information will be used only by us, we may also ask for the parent’s consent by email. If the child’s personal information will be shared with a third party, we may verify that the person providing consent is the parent by asking for proof of the relationship. Parents have the option to consent to the collection and use of their children’s information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to third parties, except to the extent that disclosure of such information is a necessary part of the activity for which parental consent is given.
- When this Policy applies
- Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
We regularly review our compliance with our Policy. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our Users directly.
- Contact Us
For questions regarding our privacy practices, email us at email@example.com.